12 April 2011

Chaos

My future father-in-law passed away this past Friday evening, at 10.46PM. He was taken off the ventilator around 8.00PM, and he left this world on his own terms, at the time of his choosing, surrounded by family (and an army of nurses, doctors, and social workers). It still feels surreal, and I'm constantly feeling like I should be preparing to get back to the hospital. There will be no viewing, no funeral service, no burial. There'll be a memorial service sometime in June, where family will gather at a baseball game--his absolute favorite sport--to spread his ashes on the field.

It's hard.
We miss you so much.
We love you very much.
But we're happy that you're finally in peace.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Saeri has been extremely fussy lately. The whole weekend was dedicated to my father-in-law, and all the sadness and tension affected her too. She doesn't understand what's going on, but I think our behavior is scaring her. I'm having a lot of trouble being patient with her; I just feel irritated and depressed and sluggish. Blah.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

We've finally finished the move into my umma's house. Our stuff is EVERYWHERE. I can't seem to get anything done though because Saeri starts screaming for my attention after 10 minutes. And Appa will be staying with his mother for 2-6 weeks, to help her cope, so anything that includes heavy lifting or tools (which is everything) has been put on hold. Ugh.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

I've decided to try out couponing for a month. I admit that the previews for TLC's Extreme Couponing has piqued my interest. I'm still having a tough time finding a job--there just aren't many even available--so I'm looking into lowering our budget. Couponing really appeals to my Type-A, OCD personality: there's so much opportunity for list-making and organization!

Now, I know I won't be the one getting $650 worth of groceries for just $6. We're picky about our refrigerated necessities (i.e. milk, eggs, cheese, butter), so it's likely I won't be saving on those. But I'll be ecstatic if I can get at least 50% off each trip! We'll see how this goes, it requires a TON of research, preparation, and basic math. If I'm fairly successful, I may even expand into drugstore couponing! o_O

Kudos to these ladies who have the forbearance to do it full-time and actually make money with coupons too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment