28 April 2011

Can Never Have Enough (Baby) Shoes!

So in my last post about baby shoes, I was complaining about how one of Saeri's new shoes was swept away by the St. Patty's Day Parade. Not to worry though, because I wasted spent a good 6 hours scouring the internet for a new pair of pink mary janes. And I found them. But now that I'm finally ready to review them, the weather has gotten warm enough for sandals! Ah but I definitely won't complain about more shopping! :D

These pink Pediped Abigails are her current everyday shoes. I absolutely love them! The quality is much better than her previous pair of Pediped Lilys. For one thing, these have real leather uppers, not patent leather, so no visible crease marks have formed where her toes are. For a more secure fit, there's little tabs underneath the ankle strap and the velcro is longer. All the flower decorations are also real leather, and each and every petal is sewn down (so she can't rip them off).


Here's a pair of mary janes that FMIL bought specifically for Easter. I think they're hideous, I hate the cut-outs. But FMIL has always wanted to dress up a little girl in an Easter outfit just like the ones she used to wear as a child--white dress, white mary janes, frilly socks, white bonnet--but she ended up with 3 sons and no daughter. Enter a granddaughter, and all of a sudden there's a gazillion "traditions" we suddenly have to do. I conceded this year though, especially since we were only celebrating Easter with Appa's family and not mine. But back to how much I hate these shoes. FMIL bought them for about $10 from Target, and they're obviously cheaply made. They're a bit heavy for her little feet, the straps are super thin, and there's barely any cushioning. FMIL keeps saying that it's no use splurging on shoes because children grow out of them so quickly. But that's all the more reason to splurge, I say! Their growing feet need proper cushioning and support, so they can develop proper balance and walking skills. Thankfully Appa agrees with me 100%. :)


My FMIL also recently bought these Puma Etoile Cats for her from Babies R Us on clearance. I am so in love with these! I'm a total Puma fan, so I need to get a pair to match Saeri's. xD She's been going on and on about how Saeri needs sneakers in order to play to the fullest extent. I'm terrified of how scraped up and how dirty she'll get over FMIL's house this summer, but I'm sure I'll complain about that a lot in the future. :P What I don't understand is why FMIL bought a pair of white sneakers, when her whole reasoning for getting sneakers in the first place was so her mary janes wouldn't get dirty? These Pumas are just so damn cute, I may have to get these brown Pediped Adrians specifically for FMIL's house!


And here's a bonus picture of Saeri in her newly acquired Puma track outfit with the shoes!


I can't believe it's already the end of April! Now if only it would stop being rainy so I can convince Appa to let me buy these adorable Bobux sandals asap... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment