21 May 2011

Finally Sandals Season!

As bad as flip flops are for your feet, they are just so damn liberating! Even though it's been constantly rainy here in the midwest, at least the temperatures have finally warmed up! :D

FYI: Old Navy (at least the stores in my area) have a promotion offering their flip flops for just $1 today!

I'm a very boring person who only wants 1 pair of black and 1 pair of bronze flip flops, and I already own one of each, both of which still look quite new. So--against my deepest desires--I did not go out and buy 10 more pairs of flip flops. I did try to convince Appa that he needed a few more pairs, but he (very adamantly) declined over and over again. Bummer.

But this post isn't about me, it's about Saeri's new summer shoes! Oh yes, you better believe I've got more babble about baby shoes lol.

Saeri did get a pair of Old Navy flip flops, but a week before the promotion bah. Still I only paid $3.50, so I can't really complain about that lol. Saeri loves that she has shoes just like umma's! :D

Old Navy flip flops for CHEAP!

Sure, there's other retailers who offer baby flip flops (i.e. Target, The Children's Place, Gymboree, etc.) but I don't like the way the back elastic is designed. Old Navy's design is very clean and minimalistic, but the other retailers' look like more of an afterthought. Am I putting too much thought into the aesthetics of back elastics on baby flip flops? Maybe. Hm.

What back elastic should be.

I only wish Old Navy offered as many colors and stocked their stores with as many sizes as their adult flip flops. Why in the hell don't they?!? Every year they come out with just a few baby flip flops--in prints, rarely solids--and they sell out immediately. WTF Old Navy get your shit together! I understand that flip flops are not the best choice of warm weather footwear for a baby, seeing as they provide no foot/posture support and leave baby's toes awfully exposed to potential injuries, but they're a wonderfully cheap and practical option as beach shoes! But who cares since I got a pair, right? :P

In other news, Saeri's new Bobux sandals finally came today!

Bobux cuteness!

But... I just wished I loved them in person as much as I did online. :( Don't get me wrong, they are one of the cutest baby sandals I've ever seen, but Saeri's feet look like they're drowning in the "correct" size. For some reason, Bobux only offers half-sizes from 4.5 to 6.5, meaning there's no size 5 or size 6. Saeri's feet are exactly a size 6 right now, so the 5.5's are too small and the 6.5's are too big. Obviously I went for the larger 6.5, which would've been fine with tennis shoes since the gap can be filled with socks, but I think sandals should leave only 0.25" of room (for comparison, her Old Navy flip flops are a teeny size 5). So the sandals look awfully bulky on her feet. Or perhaps her feet are just abnormally thin. In any case, she's stuck with these for the summer!

See the arrow? That's where the strap is supposed to end. Bah.

I have to say though, I would highly recommend Shoes For Little Feet if you're looking for baby or toddler sandals. I'm always nervous about ordering from small-ish internet companies, but I'll take the plunge if the price is right and Paypal is available as a payment option. Their website is extremely easy to navigate, and the registration and ordering process was quite painless. I received order and shipment confirmation emails immediately, and they regularly offer free priority shipping on orders over $30! That means there's tracking! :D It took just 3 days to get from Texas to Ohio. Their customer service and return/exchange service is excellent as well. I had ordered a size 7 at first, thanks to the (apparently inaccurate) size guide on the official Bobux website, and as you can imagine, those were wayyyyy too big. It's strange because Saeri's very first pair of Bobux shoes fit her perfectly, and I used the same size guide to measure her feet then. o_O But as Shoes For Little Feet's website instructed, I printed out their return form, filled in the necessary information, and mailed it to the provided address. After 3 days, I received an email informing me that they had received my exchange. A few hours later, they sent another shipment email. And after another 3 days (today!) the new shoes arrived. Talk about efficient!

I think I've definitely had my fill of baby shoes for now... or at least until I can't resist the urge to get her July 4th-themed sandals! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment