My umma totally locked my baby in the car today.
With both of our keys and cell phones.
You're a genius, umma.
ARGH.
I was standing at the front passenger seat, trying to put something in my purse. After I push the door to close it, I hear a loud click and my umma yells, "NO THE CAR'S LOCKED DON'T CLOSE!" Well, couldn't do much at that point, the door was already closed by the time I registered her words. My umma must've accidentally leaned against a button and locked the car when she was strapping Saeri into her car seat. And of course, this was one of the rare instances I decided to leave my keys in the car, because what could possibly happen when my umma's standing with Saeri?? Well, now we know. FML!!!
So I ran inside to customer service and asked to use the phone. As she was starting to say no, I told her that my baby was locked in the car, and her facial expression was priceless--a mixture of shock and horror and remorse lol. She almost threw the phone at me because she was moving so fast, almost yanking the cord out of the outlet. Plus, there were several good samaritan shoppers who asked if they could do anything for us, really sweet. :)
The police arrived in less than 5 minutes, but man did it seem like for.ev.er. I totally failed at trying to look apologetic instead of angry (at my umma), but he was really nice about the whole situation.
And then my umma started trying to blame me, saying that I should've checked whether the car was unlocked or not before I shut the door. I know she was just all flustered and in shock and attempting to make herself feel better, but no worries because I totally put her in her place... or not because, y'know, we're Korean and Koreans don't talk back to their ummas. :P
Bah humbug.
No comments:
Post a Comment