But then I became pregnant, and with pregnancy came incessant and obsessive googling. All the toxins in household cleaners really started to freak me out. That's when google showed me that other mommy bloggers were all about VINEGAR, the white distilled kind. I was pretty reluctant at first; I had avoided vinegar like the plague growing up because I couldn't stand the smell. But just 1 week of continuous use made me into a wholehearted convert!
Vinegar is A.MA.ZING. because it is:
-super cheap (64 fl.oz. for ~$3)
-natural and non-toxic (safe for children)
-effectively anti-bacterial (kills bacteria, germs, viruses, mold)
-crazy versatile (use it to clean toilets, laundry, hardwood, stainless, etc... google it!)
With all these pros, who cares about that damn smell? It really does dissipate within an hour, I didn't believe it either. Just get a pair of well-fitting latex gloves specifically for cleaning, and you're good to go!
:: end over-enthusiastic vinegar rave ::
DIY All-Purpose Cleaner
Ingredients
-1 part white distilled vinegar
-1 part water
-1 tbsp Dr. Bronner's organic castile liquid soap
-20-30 drops tea tree oil
Directions
Combine all ingredients and shake! I also recommend a quick shake before each use.
I use this cleaner for almost everything (except glass and floors). Countertops, sinks, stove top, drip pans, toilets, toys... it really is my all-in-one! I bought an empty spray bottle for just a couple bucks from Walmart's gardening section, and so far it's held up perfectly to all that acidity.
DIY Hand Soap
Ingredients
-1 part Dr. Bronner's organic castile liquid soap
-2 parts water
Directions
Fill the bottle a third of the way with the Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. You can use more or less, depending on your preference. Then add water and stir them together (I like to use a chopstick).
This is my extremely simple recipe for hand soap. I LOVE Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap, and it's worked out wonderfully for us as an ingredient in various cleaners. It's super gentle yet cleans really thoroughly, even through grease or lotion. It does dry out my hands though, so I keep a bottle of Curel right next to the hand soap, to keep my hands forever young. ;) This method doesn't seem that cheap at first, considering I used to get Softsoap handsoaps for $1 each, but just one 32 fl.oz. bottle lasts me a whole year, even though I use it to continuously refill several homemade cleaners! Coupled with the foaming bottles I bought off ebay (foamers use mostly water and only a fraction of product), in the long run it's definitely been saving us money, whoo hoo! :)
Vinegar is A.MA.ZING. because it is:
-super cheap (64 fl.oz. for ~$3)
-natural and non-toxic (safe for children)
-effectively anti-bacterial (kills bacteria, germs, viruses, mold)
-crazy versatile (use it to clean toilets, laundry, hardwood, stainless, etc... google it!)
With all these pros, who cares about that damn smell? It really does dissipate within an hour, I didn't believe it either. Just get a pair of well-fitting latex gloves specifically for cleaning, and you're good to go!
:: end over-enthusiastic vinegar rave ::
DIY All-Purpose Cleaner
Ingredients
-1 part white distilled vinegar
-1 part water
-1 tbsp Dr. Bronner's organic castile liquid soap
-20-30 drops tea tree oil
Directions
Combine all ingredients and shake! I also recommend a quick shake before each use.
I use this cleaner for almost everything (except glass and floors). Countertops, sinks, stove top, drip pans, toilets, toys... it really is my all-in-one! I bought an empty spray bottle for just a couple bucks from Walmart's gardening section, and so far it's held up perfectly to all that acidity.
DIY Hand Soap
Ingredients
-1 part Dr. Bronner's organic castile liquid soap
-2 parts water
Directions
Fill the bottle a third of the way with the Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. You can use more or less, depending on your preference. Then add water and stir them together (I like to use a chopstick).
This is my extremely simple recipe for hand soap. I LOVE Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap, and it's worked out wonderfully for us as an ingredient in various cleaners. It's super gentle yet cleans really thoroughly, even through grease or lotion. It does dry out my hands though, so I keep a bottle of Curel right next to the hand soap, to keep my hands forever young. ;) This method doesn't seem that cheap at first, considering I used to get Softsoap handsoaps for $1 each, but just one 32 fl.oz. bottle lasts me a whole year, even though I use it to continuously refill several homemade cleaners! Coupled with the foaming bottles I bought off ebay (foamers use mostly water and only a fraction of product), in the long run it's definitely been saving us money, whoo hoo! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment